EurGeol, M.Sc, M.B.A., P.GEO.
Irus Consulting Limited is an independent economic geological consultancy based near Maynooth, County Kildare, not far from Dublin in Ireland. Irus provides penetrating geological and financial analysis of precious and base-metal resource projects for the international mining and resource investment sector. Irus provides a range of services to Junior resource companies, financial institutions and private clients. Services specifically include high-level strategic reviews, management guidance on exploration and project development, technical and financial evaluations for project-acquisitions, Independent Technical Reports to support pubic disclosures and project audits and fatal-flaw-analyses for investors.
John Barry, with over 25 years of experience as an economic geologist and executive director of public resources companies is principal and managing director of Irus Consulting Limited has a very extensive and broad international network of contacts within the global mining industry, particularly in the London, which is still the mining finance hub of the world.
John Barry has worked in the exploration and mining industry since 1987 and has consulted to the industry on a range of gold and base metal deposits, in Europe, Africa, Australia and South-East Asia. Graduate degrees include a M.Sc. in geology from The Pennsylvania State University and a M.B.A from the Edinburgh Business School at the Heriot-Watt University in Scotland. He has extensive experience in the specialist areas of mineral exploration, project management and the technical and financial analysis of mineral exploration and mining projects. He is a professional member in good standing of the European Federation of Geologists, the Institute of Geologists of Ireland and the Society of Economic Geologists, and therefore qualifies as a competent person under the terms of Chapter 19 of the Listing Rules of the United Kingdom Listing Authority (UKLA), the VALMIN Code and by reciprocity, Canadian National Instrument NI43-101.
John is a member of the Technical Advisory Group to assist the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) Expert Group on Resource Classification (EGRC) which is responsible for the promotion and further development of the United Nations Framework Classification for Fossil Energy and Mineral Reserves and Resources 2009 (UNFC-2009).
General experience on gold and base metal projects includes extensive experience in Australia, Europe and Africa as both a geological consultant and as an in-house exploration manager on work ranging from acquisition and evaluation of early-phase to advanced mineral exploration projects through to supervising feasibility studies on development projects and consulting to the geological departments of operating gold mines. John has been a key member in the sourcing, discovery and development of multi-million ounce gold projects in Ghana, Tanzania and Mali and a major undeveloped lead zinc project in the Upper Silesian MVT district of Poland.
Clients served by Irus Consulting Limited include public resource and mining companies, financial institutions and private investors:
Sovereign Mines of Africa (AIM) – Consulting, Executive Director of Exploration 2006 –
Rathdowney Resources Ltd (TSX-V) – Founder , CEO and President 2007 – 2013
Orogen Gold (AIM) – Non Exec Chairman and consultant (2010- 2013)
Pasinex Resources (TSX-V)
Lara Exploration Ltd (TSX-V)
Horizonte Minerals plc (AIM)
Alba Resources plc (AIM)
Hidefield Gold plc (AIM)
Moydow Mines International (TSX-V)
Glencar Mining (LSE)
Northland Resources Inc(TSX-V)
GMA Resources (AIM)
MinMet plc (AIM)
Hidefield Gold plc (AIM)
St Barabara Mines (ASX)
African Gold (AIM)
Beacon Group Advisors (Canadian Investment Bankers)
Celtic Resources (AIM)
Rank Mining (JV Newmont and Moydow)
Dominion Mining (ASX)
Sub Sahara Resources NL (ASX)
Cambridge Consolidated (Australian Private)
Excalibur Mining Corporation (Private)
Strata Mining Corporation (ASX)
KBC Peel Hunt
Anglo Slovak Minerals Ltd
Independent Technical Reports
John Barry, M.Sc, M.B.A., P.Geo.
- NI. 43-101 Technical Report on the Campos Verdes Gold Exploration Project, Goiás State, Brazil for Lara Exploration Ltd, May, 2006
- NI. 43-101 Technical Report on the Barsele Gold Project, Northern Sweden for Northland Resources Inc, April, 2006
- CPR for AIM listing of Horizonte Minerals plc, May, 2006.
- NI. 43-101 Technical Report on the Araguaia Nickel Exploration Project, Para State, Brazil for Lara Exploration Ltd.
- CPR for AIM listing of MinMet plc, November, 2005
- CPR for AIM listing of Glencar Mining plc, August, 2005
- CPR for Re-Financing of Aurum Mining, May 2005.
- NI. 43-101 Technical Report on Barsele Gold Project, Sweden for North American Gold Corporation, April, 2005.
- CPR for AIM-listing of Alba Resources, March 2005.
- CPR for intended AIM-listing of Excalibur Mining Corporation, May, 2004.
- CPR for AIM-listing of GMA Resources, May 2003
In addition Irus Consulting has prepared proprietary technical audits and reviews of projects:
- High-Level Strategic Review – Pasinex Resources, February 2014.
- Fatal Flaw Analysis on Johnson Camp Mine, Copper-Oxide Project, SE Arizona, USA for KBC Peel Hunt, August, 2006 through Objective Capital.
- Fatal Flaw Analysis on Pachapaqui Silver, Base Metal Project, Peru for Objective Capital and KBC Peel Hunt, May, 2006 through Objective Capital.
- Minmet plc – Independent Technical Assessment and Valuation of the South African Mineral Assets of Centurion Gold Holdings, September, 2005
- GMA Resources on Oued Amizour lead-zinc project in Algeria & various mesothermal gold projects in Spain, March, 2004
- Strata Mining Corporation on copper-gold project in Hungary, January, 2004.
- Glencar Mining plc on the Sankarani Gold Project, Mali, April, 2003.
- Celtic Resources plc on a portfolio of Kazakhstan mineral assets, September 2003, which were spun off to form Eureka Mining – later listed on the AIM.
- African Gold – Youga Gold Project, Burkina Faso, April 2002.
In addition John Barry has completed numerous preliminary project-generation reviews for private clients on Iran, Ukraine, Ghana, Mali, Katanga (DRC), Morocco, Mexico and the Philippines.